Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It was a bright and sunny day

I fixed breakfast and sat down to read my e-mail. I discovered that Yahoo was not working. So I ate breakfast while researching the unknown weed in my yard. After visiting the book store on Sunday, I came across the term 'whorls'. So I searched for 'whorls of 6 leaves'. The closest hit was gallium concinnum. Not sure that is exactly it, but very close. Then Yahoo mail came back up. I checked my new e-mail. Then I called the city for a recycle bin, but was told they were still filling requests from November. I entered the kaleidoscope class to the NEAModernquiltguild yahoo group calendar for Feb 18th. I am not sure it is my place to do so, but I keep forgetting when it will be. I sorted the pictures in the living room into piles which seemed to go together. I unboxed a large green painting with an Asian flair. I set it aside until I know what to do with it. Then, because it was such a nice day, I went outside to work. I swept the patio. I pulled dead stalks from the flower bed. I swept part of the carport. I tried to dig out the leaves under the grates. But the grates were heavy, and the leaves under the bottom had degenerated into dirt. I went into the garage to break down boxes. Cindy had been promising to pick up boxes for over a week. I brought out two more boxes of stuff to store out there. I fixed a salad for lunch. Then I did some raking in the front yard, but only enough to get one box of leaves. I decided that I should conserve some energy so I wouldn't be too tired to go to quilt meeting tonight. So I sat to read a book. It felt good to sit and read. Then Cindy called. She hinted that tomorrow might be a better day for her to come, but I told her the boxes needed to go or I would post them on Freecycle. So she drove over and loaded the flattened boxes in her car. She also took a bunch of the donation pile. She brought me two packages of yeast, a leaf blower that might work, and two tops that are too small for her. After she left, I grabbed a quilt for show-and-tell, and headed to the meeting. This time we were meeting at UAH, Morton Hall. There was a good showing for the meeting. Maybe 20 ladies? We had show-and-tell, discussion of up-coming events, exchange of pizza boxes, and a demonstration of how to make flying geese blocks. Linda sat next to me, which was good because I wanted to talk to her about getting my purple quilt quilted. She gave me her address and phone number. Then, as the group was breaking up, several of us walked up to Deb with scraps since she had posted that she needed some. One lady brought a box of them, and offered to let me pick whatever I wanted out of the box after Deb picked. So I did, and while I was doing it, she told me just to take the box home and bring back whatever I didn't want. God bless this woman. If you have seen my sewing room, you know that I need more scraps like I need a hole in the head. But I never turn leftovers away. Whoo-hoo! So, then it was time to go home. I had checked the map before I left to be sure I could find the place in the dark. But the road was one-way and I hadn't checked how to get home. I had an idea, but found myself in the wrong lane. That put me on Holmes ave going SE. I did not know where it went, but when it crossed Triana, I turned because I had seen Triana on the way over. That took me to Bob Wallace, so I turned again. I was looking for Whitesburg, but didn't find it before I felt I had gone too far. So I turned South, which took me to Drake (a good thing). From there I knew where I was and went home. (It is more fun getting lost in Seoul) Chris was finishing up an episode of Battlestar Galactica. So then we went down to watch 2 episodes of B5. He went to bed after checking to see that Michele's plane to Seoul had landed safely, and I stayed up to post to my blog.

No comments: