Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wild violet blossoms are tasty

After breakfast, I drank hot tea wrapped in robe, trying to sweat. I also deleted 300 pictures from my camera because I kept getting the 'memory card is full' beep. I had to do them one at a time while pinching the battery compartment shut. It seems to hold about 700 photos, so I may delete more tomorrow. Then I took a hot shower. There were a series of long interviews that came out around New Year's Day that I have been meaning to listen to, but did not want to spend so much time in front of my computer. So I had the brilliant idea of playing them on my laptop in the basement while working on my quilt tops. I added trapezoids to the wedges of the kaleidoscope, piped in between. I sewed them in pairs, and then sewed the pairs to the kaleidoscope. Maryann skyped me then to talk about her medical issues (still in pain), and the bright colors on black quilt. She wants to buy it for her son when I finish it. William called to tell me what he had found at Goodwill during lunch. He suggested I get a job. Then I continued my chat with Maryann. The sun was brightly shining the whole time. But when we concluded, and I made myself a salad for lunch, it went behind the cloud. I sat outside to eat it anyway. I found the wild violet blossoms growing in the yard are very tasty. My nose kept running. It is officially a head cold now. I got tired of killing trees to keep my nose dry, so I did yardwork, letting it drip all it wanted. When Chris came home, he gave me a tissue and we went inside. He fixed himself supper, and I went back to work on the kaleidoscope. He came down when he was ready to watch B5. We finished season 3. It is starting to get weird. Went to bed...did not post to blog.

No comments: