Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bigger is better, right?

I slept late; until after nine. After taking the recyclables out to the street, I followed the usual routine: I played an audio, exercised, fixed breakfast and read e-mail. Playing the next audio, I put my laptop in its backpack and went out to do yard work. I dug up dirt in the garden and used it to fill in holes in the yard. I also found another patch of 'that weed' and plucked them all out. The neighbor got out his chipper/shredder and demolished the pile of sticks I put out yesterday. I think he had a few sticks of his own. I heard a thump on the porch. My Swansons order has finally been delivered. But still no chia seed. It is apparently on backorder. Playing yet another audio, I went into the basement to sew. I put on the last border of the bargello quilt. Then I stared at the comfy quilt fabric kit hoping that a good idea for a quilt pattern would magically appear. Not quite, but I did find a few of my own fabrics that would complement what was there. When I heard Chris come home, I went upstairs. I put some quinoa in a jar to soak. We ate supper (leftovers) and I re-dressed, putting on long pants. I drove to a new place: it was the youth building of a church. They were having a meeting to crochet peanut dolls for their shoebox ministry. I didn't want to do peanut dolls, but I brought my scarf yarn and hook. The leader, who I met at quilt guild, showed me how to make a scarf using a different stitch - one that is easier to see. Of course, it has bigger holes, which is good for seeing, but maybe not for keeping out cold air. She lent me some of her pink yarn because it was not fuzzy, which made it easier to see the stitches. Four other people came. They worked on the dolls (formally known as Lulu the loomed dolly). The meeting broke up about 8 but the leader and I got to talking in the parking lot. When I got home, Chris and I watched the rest of the Warehouse 13 mini-episodes and then some NCIS. I will publish the pic of my crocheting later. I just discovered that with the D-link plugged directly into the laptop I can't use the other port to download pics :(

No comments: