Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Needs a mouse

Yesterday I intended to sweep up all the spiders in and around the house, but the only vac I have with a disposable bag didn't work.  I tried it again today since Bob blessed this house with his presence after that, but apparently it doesn't work that way.  I did sweep the deck and porch with an old broom.  I brewed more tea for scoby to swim in.  And since scoby has gotten rather large for its pool, I took half of it out and blended it up with filtered water.  It looked a lot like applesauce.  I poured it on the leaf pile to encourage composting.  I folded laundry and took it to the bedroom.  I cleared the dishwasher and reloaded it.  Deb sent me an article on building a sewing machine extension table. I did the measurements and drew a paper pattern.  I wrote up a few instructions for the BOM presentation tonight.  I went through past blog posts to see what I had sewn that might be suitable for show and tell.  I put those in a pile for tonight.  I even cut a few charm squares for Rebecca.  I completed a few more Sudoku puzzles while listening to an audio.  I even re-listened to one from yesterday so I could take notes today.  I found the red quilt that I thought I might make after I finish the yellow one and the green one.  I picked greens from my fall garden for a late lunch.  I found two tomatoes, too.  I had a few slices of ham with brown mustard on them.  I raked the magnolia cones into a pile.  Maybe if they are dry tomorrow I will transport them to the yardwaste pile.  I pulled out the rugs that we rolled up when I hurt my ankle. I placed them on the floors where they belong.  I took a shower and was dressed just before Chris came home.  He fixed himself a burrito while I checked e-mail one more time.  Then I left for guild meeting.  We had a small group.  I enjoyed show and tell, particularly the one shown here.  We discussed many things, including buying swap gifts for Christmas.  Maybe I will skip the December meeting.  I have a terrible time deciding what to buy.  Afterwards I asked if anyone had a 9 or 10 degree wedge ruler.  Deb showed me her 6 x 24 wedge ruler.  I wondered how accurate a wedge one can cut when the wedge lines are only 6 inches long.  But, I was willing to give it a try.  She let me borrow it.  On the way home, I stopped at WalMart.  Deb has e-mailed me several times in the past to tell me how she stopped at a WalMart and their quilting fabric was on sale for $2.  But I did not see anything at the store near me for $2.  Chris was playing a computer game when I got home.  I read e-mail for awhile, and then we watched episodes of MASH for the rest of the evening.

No comments: