Thursday, October 4, 2012

No excuses



There were a lot of audios posted this week, and I really tried to get through all of them.  I listened through exercise and breakfast, while writing a check and clearing e-mail, even putting out the recyclables, baking a loaf of bread and gluing the latest round of Sunday school projects.  I Googled images of pea and bean plants to see what I planted in my garden.  Turns out they are radishes.  I like radishes, but they are not very productive at one per plant.  Now the question is: what happened to the peas I planted?  I took a few minutes to lay in the sun.  Yesterday I made myself a short list of things to do and accomplished all but one.  I cut another leg for my extension table because it was rocking.  On my way to the table saw, I noticed a rather large puddle under the pingpong table.  It extended over to where the birds nest in the ceiling.  Sounds like the hall bathroom.  I called Bob 'cause I knew it would make his day.  He'll be over in a few days.  I wonder if it is the shower or the toilet.  Bob asked me to mark the puddle in case it dries up.  So I looked through my craft boxes for some sidewalk chalk.  All I found was regular chalk, but it was enough.  When putting it back, I had to lift my box of fabrics from Japan.  I went through it and found some that didn't belong, so I took those out to make more room, but somehow it didn't.  I washed all the fabrics I took out and ironed them dry.  While they were washing, I hand-basted the quilt top that I sandwiched yesterday.  I carried it over to the machine.  With the extension table, non-stick surface, proper thread color and sewing foot, I was all ready to free-motion quilt.  No excuses.  But I could not think of a design to put on it.  And even if I did, I would be afraid of messing it up since I have no experience in this area.  Chris came home and fixed his supper.  I picked greens from my garden and added some from the fridge to make a large salad.  I also ate some pickled brussel sprouts.  Pickling them seemed like a good idea at the time.  Must be an acquired taste.  Maybe I should have thrown them in with the kimchi.  I squeezed in another audio, and then we watched episodes of MASH.  The last one had Mariette Hartley in it and I can't remember what else I saw her in.  Chris thinks I might have her confused with Marilu Henner, which is possible.

No comments: