Thursday, October 11, 2012

Unsatisfactory

I took my container of coconut oil to bed with me. When I woke up this morning it was nice and liquid, just the way I need it to be for breakfast. It turns solid around 68F. I read e-mail, did a little jumping, and took the recyclables out to the curb. I deleted several of the audios, leaving only one. I saw BBC documentary on Youtube called "The men who made us fat". It was about the making and marketing of convenience foods. And the supression of info by the industry about the health effects of the food. Mice on a diet of snack food (salt, fat, high fructose corn syrup) gain weight from the very first day and continue to pack it on daily. I put the laptop in my backpack and listened to the one audio (with Jack Canfield) while I pulled weeds and dug up small trees in the garden. I felt inside the greenhouse and it was warm and humid. I ate a big salad for lunch and some chicken. I poured out my yucky-looking sunday school project and cleaned out all the sand. I then used some sand from the church, and poured the water/oil back in. I diluted the water a bit and it is looking a bit more blue. Still not satisfactory. Our real estate agent called to say that the septic system was backing up into the house and she was going to call a plumber and would call when she found out what the problem was. So I kept my phone with me for the rest of the day. She sent me a few e-mails later in the day. And then I lost connectivity to the internet. I sat here for quite a while clicking on "reload page" over and over, like a rat pressing a bar for food, but with no result. Finally I fell asleep. I got up when I heard Chris come home. And voila, the internet was restored! There was an e-mail telling us that the tank just needed to be pumped out. Chris checked the front porch and found a box. Must have been delivered while I slept. It was the new shower filter. Each one is good for six months. I glanced at Facebook looking for a good link to post to the Yongsan Quilters Facebook page. It gets so little activity that I try to throw something in every week. After supper we finished up the 7th season of MASH. Chris would not start another season even though I told him he owes me for last night. * This pic is obviously from Rock City. We were told that the little houses are now made in China. *

No comments: