Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stewardship Sunday

The alarm went off at 8. I was nervous about remembering all the items for the craft so I got up, skipped exercise, going straight to breakfast and a quick review of e-mail. I showered, dressed and carried the stuff out by 9. Because there was a meal planned for after church, the craft station got moved from the Fellowship Hall to the old nursery behind the sanctuary. I only know how to get there by going through the sanctuary and church was still in session. I found out at the later service that it was due to an appeal for money. When the service was over, I carried the supplies into the nursery. I set things out on the table. The cord for the glue gun would not reach from the table to the outlet, so I had to clear space on a bookshelf. I attended the opening, and there were very few kids. Out of 7, I had two. So the 'ocean in a bottle' craft went quickly. I spent the extra minutes discussing which items sink, float on the water, or float on the oil, and why. When the bell rang I walked them over to Service Project, and returned to clean up. I put the craft items in the cabinet hoping no one will notice or disturb them. My no longer needed stuff went back to my car. Then the choir practiced for a bit. Then we sat down to wait for church to begin. We had a guest pastor from the Presbyterian church. Actually we swapped pastors for the day. She loves to talk about Stewardship so she was happy to be here. I don't know what our pastor spoke about over there. After the service, pledge cards were passed out and we filled them in and placed them on the altar. Then we gathered in the Fellowship Hall for a catered meal. While in line, I asked the choir director if she'd like me to play for choir on Wednesday night in case they didn't find anyone else. She said yes, and later I wondered what I was thinking. Maybe I wasn't. It was in the bulletin that the kids were going to watch a video of the Charlie Brown Christmas play that is to be presented in December. I wanted to see it, but either it wasn't shown, or it wasn't announced and I missed it. Chris and I drove our separate cars to Publix to shop for groceries. Then we went home. After putting the food away and changing clothes, I spent the afternoon reading e-mail and listening to audio interviews. I also cleaned the dead stalks out of the garden and raked up the magnolia cones by the driveway. I reassembled a planter that the wind had overturned like a naughty puppy. Then I came in for supper. Chris was playing a game on his computer. When I asked, he indicated that he was willing to watch TV with me, but I watched by myself over an hour (and folded laundry) before he left the game and I wasn't happy about it. But we did get in several episodes of MASH before bedtime. * No pics from today, so here is one of the lower greenhouse. *

No comments: