Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let me tell you a yarn...

I must have slept in this morning. I got a late start on e-mail, exercise and breakfast. It is Tuesday and there should be tapping audios from the Tapping World Summit in my inbox, but they are not arriving. I have my schedule cleared this week just for them. So I registered again but this time with my alternate e-mail address. Still no sign of them. There were other audios, and as I listened to them I crocheted a scarf. I love soft fuzzy yarns, but crocheting with them is a pain in the gluteus maximus. I am doing a simple design of double crochets. But when I do successive rows, there is no hole where I expect one to be to make the next stitch. And when you think about it, crocheting is all about the holes, and stitching them together. Is it a hole in the yarn or yarn around a hole? Which came first, the yarn or the hole? Maybe I'm overthinking this. I didn't have any yard work for today, so I just laid in the grass for a bit while one of the audios played. Later I practiced both my trombone and the piano. I am getting better at the piano piece, but would not be at all discomfited if someone else wanted to play the piece on Wednesday night. I killed another roach. I rinsed my quinoa and gave it fresh water. I put my laundry away. And I made myself a big salad in the late afternoon. When Chris came home, he fixed himself supper. He showed me another pair of pants that needs patching in the ... gluteus maximus area. I decided to go down and work on the small quilt top that was lying on my new sewing extension table. I haven't stitched anything with it since I made the table. I am intimidated by FQ. I found a whole bunch of things to do first: brush my teeth, tweeze, trim eyebrows, exfoliate... and my sock drawer was speaking to me. But the time had come. I sat in front of my machine and tapped for the terrors of FREE-MOTION QUILTING. Within 2 minutes I had a thread ball under the quilt. Then the top thread broke. I barely got into the second row when Chris came down to watch MASH. Seemed like a good time to take a break. We watched until Chris' bedtime.

No comments: