Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It has been a year since we left Korea

I realized this morning that it has been a year since we left Korea - and Michele, although we have seen her since, just not Korea. It was a normal Tuesday morning. I read an article about a bra that has been developed (but not yet produced) that is full of electrodes and can detect breast cancer. Pretty cool, huh? Then I listened to today's 5 tapping audios. Tomorrow is the last day for that. I kept up with every day but Sunday. That was followed by laying in the sun listening to a different kind of audio. I had a headache even though I drank two glasses of water, and was hoping connecting with the earth would help. And it did. After lunch I vacuumed the steps to the basement. I free-motion quilted until I ran out of bobbin thread. Then, since I had to dismantle the extension table anyway, I set the machine for regular sewing. I fixed Chris' pants, the ones with the smaller hole. I hung them on his chair. I raked two boxes of leaves in the front yard and mowed that section. I was listening to one last audio when Chris came home. He thought I did a really good job of mending his pants so he wanted me to do the other pair. But how to tell him that I can't fix what is just plain worn out? All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't hide his bum in those pants again. Well, I did patch them, but I also told him to wear them with black underwear 'cause it won't hold for long. He ate supper while I did the patching. Then I ate supper while he read his e-mail. Then we watched the latest Netflix arrival - Warehouse 13. * Another pic from Paducah *

No comments: