Saturday, October 27, 2012

Another Sewing Saturday

I got up while Chris was still asleep. He came in at 1:30 last night. I made breakfast and took a shower. I skimmed my e-mail, and packed a lunch and some materials for Sewing Saturday. Five ladies were already there when I arrived. I returned Deb's ruler. She showed me how to crochet through turns. Rebecca brought me the copy of XP I asked for. I worked on the donation baby quilt (see pic) and another set of borders for the bargello. When I had done all I could do with what I brought, I packed up. It was 4 o'clock. I planned to go straight home, but then passed the Asian market and stopped in for kimbap. They didn't have any but the man insisted I could make it myself. He told me how to cook the rice and which seaweed to use. So I took the seaweed home, cooked rice like he said, (which worked really well), spread it on the nori, added mushrooms and sweet peppers, and rolled it up using my kimbap rolling mat. It kind of worked. I patted myself on the back. But it did not taste like his. I ate the first one, then made two more to use up the rice, but put them in the frig. Chris cooked a roast for me and some of it went into one of the kimbap rolls. Chris gamed with the voices, one of whom was Michele. He was pretty loud and it was hard for me to concentrate. I practiced my trombone for the hymns tomorrow. I read through the latest issue of Quick Quilts. I did four Sudoku puzzles. Then I went downstairs to cut some fabric squares for Sunday School tomorrow. I put all the materials for SS in my car. Then I made a few more rows for the baby quilt. When I realized that it was 11:30 I came up to post and then go to bed. I have a lot to do tomorrow.

No comments: