Monday, October 1, 2012

Technician syndrome

It was a dark and cloudy day.  It rained twice: moderately the first time and heavily the second time.  Sadly, nothing leaked.  Why is that sad?  Because Bob came over to fix the leak from the dishwasher.  I just had time to exercise and eat breakfast.  He ran the dishwasher twice: a normal cycle and then the pots-n-pans cycle.  There was no leaking.  He pulled down the wet ceiling tile to inspect the floor under the dishwasher.  Everything was dry.  I threw the tile and the wet box of spider into the trash can and left it at the road side.  Finally Bob left, telling me to call immediately next time it leaks.  The idea came to me then that maybe water wasn't leaking, it was wicking.  (maybe it was wikileaking, ha)  Maybe the ceiling tile had been up against something and was wicking the water away.  Although the tile was sopping wet, there was no sign of where it came from.
 After reading e-mail, I drained the scoby jar.  Scoby got one of his 'fingers' caught in the faucet and it wouldn't dispense.  I put him (and his friends) in a jar and then poured the rest of the kombucha in other jars.  I washed out the jug and dug out as much as I could with a toothpick.  But to really open up the faucet, I had to blow into it as hard as I could. A bunch of little scoby pieces came out.  I will have to brew more tea tomorrow to continue the production of kombucha. 
I spent some time deciding which blocks to show for Block of the Month at guild tomorrow night.  Then I sewed borders/sashing onto the 9 leftover octagons of stack and whacks.  I folded up the bigger quilt top for show and tell tomorrow.  I was back on my computer listening to an audio when Chris came home from work.  He ate supper and I told him about Bob coming over.  I did several Sudoku puzzles, finishing with #252.  Yesterday I saw a pieced leaf pattern called "Tesselation Blues" that I want for my all-green quilt.  Today I saw a quilt pattern that would be perfect for an all-red quilt, but now I can't find it.  Later we watched episodes of MASH, season 7 until Chris was ready for bed.

No comments: