Tuesday, October 30, 2012

One-a-day plus yarn

It was a rather uneventful day. While watching a video on water (two, actually, but one was so scientific that I hardly understood a word) and listening to more self-help audios, I crocheted. I finished the scarf from yesterday. I folded the laundry and then went in the basement where I dug out box marked 'yarn'. I found a skein of what looked like navy blue yarn for my next scarf. I was half done when I discovered the label was marked 'black'. I started it as a straight single crochet, but it seemed too boring. So I googled 'simple crochet' and found a simple pattern to alternate in bands with the single crochet. I finished it in the late afternoon after taking a break to rake leaves and pinestraw. Some of the pinecones are really nice and I would like to use them for a SS project, but they are so prickly. How do I get around that? My next skein was light blue. I found another pattern and was amazed to find that I could follow the directions. As recently as Saturday I did not know a single crochet from a double one. This pattern requires a little more attention and might not be suitable for mindless busyness. Chris came home around 5 and cooked up the rest of the veggies that go with the corned beef. He futzed around on his laptop for awhile, and then we watched episodes of McHales Navy. Now when we watched MASH, a lot of the one-timers were people who went on to become famous. But I haven't recognized any of the one-timers on McHales Navy.

No comments: