Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sometimes losing doesn't hurt

It wasn't long before 8 when I got up. I started the first audio almost immediately. I got in some rebounding before breakfast. After two audios, I had had enough. I showered, dressed and went to church. Tamara had said that there would be someone there to let me in. But the church was empty and locked. Six months ago someone told me the keycode, but I couldn't remember it. Still, I went up to the door and tried several combinations, with no luck. Then I saw a small sign with some member's phone number. I called it and explained who I was. He remembered me (my lucky day) and gave me the code. It was odd to be in a deserted church. Looking around, I found the projects from last Sunday, and some craft items laid out for next Sunday. I kept looking for the sand. A lady came in, but it was the former secretary. She opened the office so I could use the phone to call Tamara. I left a message, and we closed up the office. She called back a little later and told me where to find the sand. I also took some paint to experiment with for another SS project. The former secretary and I left at the same time. I drove down the street thinking I would hit the hwy and find Home Depot. But I was confused. I was in the middle of nowhere, and did not know where I was. Ha, ha. But I headed north and eventually found the intersection I was looking for. I had a good time ambling around Lowes. I got a few mums, some lightbulbs, a roller, tent stakes, and high heat black spray paint. I intended to go home by Whitesburg, but then remembered I could go down Memorial to Drake which would put me near Kroger which might sell chia seed. So I went that way, but no, they don't. Still I got cinnamon and flax seed. I forgot to get oil for the SS project. Once back at home, I ate leftovers for lunch. I checked e-mail, then went outside. I put shorter legs on the greenhouse to hold the heat lower to the ground. It got pretty cold last night and our first freeze might not be too far away. Then I got a tube of cement caulk and filled in the crack in the patio. I know, it's a rental and not my problem, but the crack annoyed me and now it is fixed. At least until it spreads some more. After finishing that, I drove the tent stakes into the ground on either side of the greenhouse. I found some nylon string to tie down the frame, but it was tangled. I think I spent an hour detangling it. When that was done, I found some bricks behind the carport and started chiseling them apart, and removing the mortar. I intend to spray them black and put them in the greenhouse. Chris arrived. He changed his clothes and put two chickens in the oven. Then we went out to a German restaurant called Hildegard's. I ordered the liver and onions. Chris got a zigeuner schnitzel. It was all good. I could not finish the sauerkraut, so brought it home. We went downstairs to watch Sherlock Holmes, the one with Robert and Jude. We saw it at the beach but had dozed off in several places. There were lots of scenes I don't remember seeing. Chris was rubbing my feet and noticed a lump on one. He examined it and diagnosed a splinter under the skin and a callous forming over it. He asked when I stepped on something. I think it was a pine cone 2 weeks ago. So after we finished the movie, I got out an exacto knife and a bright lamp. I laid on the bed, and he dug out THREE splinters from my foot. I was tapping like crazy for the pain I expected. But there was none. The splinters were completely encased in the callous. Whew! Chris put the chicken away, and we rounded out the evening with our laptops. * This pic is from the riverfront in Chattanooga *

No comments: