Monday, October 8, 2012

The honeymoon is over...

We turned off the heater in the room because it kept cycling on and off every few minutes. In the night it got cold in our room. There were no comforters on the beds, so I grabbed the sheets from the other bed and pulled them over us. I also pushed a chair up against the curtain to stop the street light from shining in. And composed my comment card in my head as I tried to sleep. When we arose in the morning, Chris took a shower and went to breakfast. I ate my prepared breakfast mix. My fermented coconut milk was thicker than yogurt. I wrote down the e-mail address for making comments about the room. I cleared my e-mail and packed by the time Chris returned. We just had time to clear the room before the 11am check out. We were going to ride the incline railroad up Lookout mountain, but tickets were $14 each, and the view was practically nil due to the rain. So we just drove home. I was so glad I brought a heavy coat and scarf. Due to the time change, we were home by lunch. Chris took the car to get more nitrogen put in the tires. I picked myself a salad to eat as I cleared new e-mail, and then swept the leaves off of the deck and steps. We spent the afternoon on our laptops. I took a break to build a little greenhouse out of the PVC I use for my quilt frame. I covered it with a plastic dropcloth. Now, as long as there is no wind or rain, it'll be fine. Then we went to Rosie's for supper. Because it is closed on Sundays when we go to Publix, we have never seen it open. But it turns out that they do a brisk drive thru. We sat inside. I got a chicken salad and Chris had a burrito. After we ate, we went across the parking lot to Publix for groceries, etc. We found the groceries, but etc wasn't there. I need blue food coloring to make an ocean for a sunday school project, but all they had were gel colors for icing. I thought about using a blue jello packet, but they didn't have any that was sugar-free. I don't want any bacterial growth in sunday school. We put the foodstuffs away at home. I listened to a few audios before Chris was ready to go downstairs. We watched several episodes of MASH season 7. It was light viewing compared to all the episodes of MythBusters that we saw last night. * Here are a few pics from our vacation that I didn't get to use yet *

No comments: