Friday, October 26, 2012

Falling leaves

I was up by 7:30. I am not sure why. But it gave me more time to listen to audio interviews. After breakfast and e-mail, I loaded my laptop in its backpack and went out to rake and mow. I also used the leaf blower to 'herd' leaves out of the carport and onto the yardwaste pile. I also picked a tomato and some dandelion. I called Dr. Angus office to make an appointment for the week of Thanksgiving. The hygienist said she remembered me. That would have been 30 years ago. I wonder what I did or said that was so memorable. I finished the pink scarf. It seemed so easy, but when I tried to do the same stitch with the blue fuzzy yarn, it didn't work as well. I went downstairs to work on the comfy quilt. I found a magazine with a pattern that seemed doable. But the fabrics in the set didn't work so well. So I substituted some of mine. I cut strips in preparation, and even sewed a few together. But then I was interrupted and never got back to it. Chris called to remind me that he wasn't coming home. No problem. I'll just be depressed and kill myself. Where's my fork? (hope his boat sinks, hope his boat sinks...) I spent the evening working through the tapping material from Brad Yates. I also got my unread e-mail down to 20, which is really good. I emptied the dishwasher and restacked it. I was surprised by a roach, but I surprised him back and now he's dead. I cooked up the quinoa that has been soaking since yesterday, and then put it in the frig 'cause its too late to eat now. Chris went straight to gaming after work, so I have not seen him. And now I am going to bed, so he'd better come in quietly...

No comments: