Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ghostwalk of Huntsville

After the usual morning routine, I listened to audios. There seemed to be more than usual today. I went out to rake in the front yard. I tried to use that time to listen, but I kept losing the internet connection. So I listened to the mp3 headset that Kurt sent me. Until it ran out of power. But that was ok, since I was almost done and it was time to eat my salad. I hunted up a board suitable for a piano sandwich. I had three containers that I could use for an alternate craft this Sunday. But one had stickers on it. Since I had a pot of hot water, I put the plastic thingy in there to soak. But it kind of melted into modern art. Then I found an empty container of Nutella. I cut the top off so it would be the right shape. It too had labels, but they came off easier. I opened a box of craft stuff in my sewing room and found some blue and some white foam sheets. Then I went back to the internet to find the project that I saw weeks ago. Only it seems to have disappeared. I tried Google and Dogpile, but there is no sign of it. Oh well, I will have to go with what I remember. Chris came home and changed clothes. He drove me downtown to Sam and Gregg's Pizza. As he drove off, I went inside to find his female coworkers and similar others. There were 12 of them sitting at a table upstairs. They were finishing up their pizza. We all chatted for a bit, then lined up for the bathroom before heading out to the ghostwalk. There was a line of people in front of the hardware store a block away. We purchased our $10 tickets and stood with a LARGE crowd of people waiting for the same walking tour. There were other tours as well. The group we stood with got divided up into 3 groups. Ours left last. Before we left, our guide informed us of a ghost locator app that smartphone users could download for free. It indicated the presence of friendly and unfriendly spirits around the user. I wonder what it is actually indicating. He also told us that everything on the tour has been noted by a medium and seconded by historical documents. When we stopped at each place, he encouraged us to take pictures. He seemed to think that spirits not visible to the naked eye would show up on film, and this seemed to be the case. I couldn't really tell from the angle I saw that camera. We heard some interesting stories, mostly sad. Someone mentioned a basement that might connect with the caves under Huntsville, but the guide said it hadn't been proven. When the tour was over, Daneen took me home so Chris wouldn't have to drive out. She came in for a glass of water. I was embarrassed at the state of the den. But she was eager to get home. I searched for articles on caves in Huntsville. There is one under the courthouse, but no mention of it connecting to a basement. Then Chris and I watched three episodes of Warehouse 13. He went to bed, and I stayed up just long enough to post. * The only pic I have is of the original group. It got dark soon after the tour started. *

No comments: