Saturday, October 6, 2012

Time-space anomaly

After breakfast, exercise and e-mail, I checked on my plants outside.  I watered them and put the planter where it hopefully won't dry out while we are gone.  I checked on my Sunday school supplies to make sure I had enough for this week.  I got back on my laptop to type out instructions for whoever will take my craft station on Sunday.  But one thing led to another and I found myself on George Takei's Facebook page, looking at all the humorous things he has posted from fans.  I always thought there was something funny about that man, and now I know: he likes puns.  Concentrating on writing instructions just wasn't happening, so I gathered my stuff and left for church.  I passed a big yardsale in a parking lot and nearly ran off the road. I had to be at church before Tamara left, so I promised myself I would come back.  When I got to church, it seemed the parking lot was empty.  6 months ago someone told me the combination to the lock, but I certainly don't remember it now. Lucky for me, when I knocked on the back door, Tamara came out of the office and opened it.  She had moved some of the stuff I needed when cleaning up last week, but I found what I needed.  I set up the table like I do on Sunday morning.  I promised to mail her the instructions. We chatted for quite a bit, then I headed home, stopping at the yard sale.  I spotted our neighbors son there, and when he saw me, he just gaped in speechless surprise.  I explained to his mother that I lived next door to his father.  What was he doing out of school?  Anyway, I found a few clothing items, even one I think will fit Michele.  I also got a book and a thread stand. All for less than $5. The yard sale was to benefit some animal shelter.  When I got home, I threw the clothes in the washer along with all the colored laundry.  I hardboiled some eggs for our trip.  I made up three days worth of breakfast mix and supplements.  Chris came home early.  I asked him to watch the garage for leaking water as I took a shower.  But there was none. So if it isn't my shower, or his shower, what leaked?  Rain?  The water I had seen dried up.  I packed some clothes for the trip.  Chris invited me out to eat, but I was too tired.  So he ate and then we watched a movie called "Funny Face" with Audry Hepburn and Frank Sinatra.  It was a romantic flick, and we ended up going to bed, not posting to my blog.
We woke up to find it was raining, but there was still no water in the garage.  So, the only logical conclusion is, there is an anomaly in the time-space continuum.  Either the water is from another universe, or it is from the past or the future.  Bob will have a heck of a time fixing that.
* I don't know if you can tell, but there are two marigolds in this picture.  One is low and bushy, the other is tall and sparse.  But they both grew from the same seed packet under the same conditions.  More time-space anomaly?  *

No comments: