Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Coconut everywhere

Another audio, another scarf. I finished the blue one from yesterday and started a brown one. This time I am crocheting lengthwise. Sadly the first row is the hardest and lengthwise makes a really long first row. I plan to work some other colors into it. When I wasn't working on the scarf, I scraped dirt from the bricks in the garden to fill in some uneveness in the front lawn. I dug up two bucketfuls, but it wasn't enough. I got a box of packages of shredded coconut in the mail. I opened one today and soaked it in hot water for awhile. Then I put it in the blender. When it was thoroughly mixed, I put it in an old sprout bag to squeeze the milk out. A nutbag would work better but I don't have one. I got 4 cups of coconut milk out of it, making it far cheaper than buying it by the can. Far messier, too. The coconut solids can be dried and used as flour. I just put it in a jar in the freezer. When Chris came home he told me it would get cold tonight. So I draped a plastic dropcloth over my main tomato plant in case we have frost. It looked like it was dressed as a ghost for Halloween. Speaking of Halloween, nobody came. But then the lady next door said that is what would happen, and our porch light doesn't work anyway. I peeled our last three hardboiled eggs and mashed them up with yogurt to make egg salad. After supper we watched episodes of McHale's Navy and MASH season 11. * Here is the next quilt photo from Paducah *

No comments: