Monday, October 29, 2012

Practical Procrastination

Before Chris left for work, he turned on the crockpot and put the garbage out by the street. When I got up, I read e-mail and exercised. By the time I was ready for breakfast, I could smell the corned beef. There were no audios today (they start on Monday nights). But I sat and crocheted the rest of the scarf I started yesterday and I began another one. I googled Youtube videos for instructions. I saw the crocodile stitch, but it is complicated. Shell stitch was ok, but requires counting. At lunch I picked two tomatoes and some greens for a salad. Later I took another break to rake leaves and pinestraw in the front yard. You would think the pinestraw would make the ground acidic, but the best, softest grass grows there. I would love to run my bare feet through it, but its like walking on pins on account of the cones. I also put some hot glue on a drawer runner and called Bob. We have false drawer fronts under the stove top. When the Jenn-Air was in there, there was no room for real drawers. But now that we have a regular stove top, there is room. So I called Bob to see if he was demo-ing any kitchens with the right sized drawers. He said he thought he'd have something by Thanksgiving. The other thing I did was to cut a six inch cardboard circle to fit the pipe going out of the house. Bob filled it with insulation, but I taped the cardboard across it to make sure mice can't get in. I was crocheting again when Chris came home. The compelling thing about crocheting is that you never have to get up - unlike sewing where cutting and pinning and ironing are involved. And doing it for charity is a practical reason for procrastinating on every thing else. We had the corned beef for supper. I played the first audio to get posted and kept on crocheting. When it was over, my upper back was hurting. I laid down for awhile, and then we watched episodes of NCIS and McHale's Navy. I have never seen Tim Conway look so young.

No comments: