Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fabric follies

It was a rainy day, so after waking up with e-mail, and a little rebounding, I went into the basement to check for leaks. There were none. At least, none that I could find. Later I smelled stale water. I ate breakfast, and listened to two audios. Then I went into the garage to find some fabric for a Sunday school project. But all my multi-coloreds were mixed together. I pulled the stacks out and filled one entire cabinets with florals. Then another with what I called 'bontanicals': trees, leaves, vines, fruits, but also butterflies, birds, fish, wildlife. I made stacks for child-friendly fabrics, and fabrics with all-over designs. Then I chose the Veggie Tales fabric for my project. I pulled out the solids to find some that matched. The red and yellow-orange I did not have. So I found some prints that matched and went to WalMart to get solids. I also got some mineral oil (cheaper by the ounce than baby oil and the same thing, also lighter in color than cooking oil), food coloring, glitter, and paint, all for the project. I chose a red, a yellow and two greens to go with the Veggie tales. I tried several colors of paint with these fabrics, but all show up best on the yellow. Only black shows up well on the other colors of fabric. So frustrating! So I turned my attention to the water bottle project. Using mineral oil and food coloring improved it a lot. Oh, and the little plastic boats came in! And they fit in the bottle! But they sink. :( Life just isn't fair. Chris came home and we had supper. I worked in my sewing room for awhile, moving things around and looking for craft suppliies I remember having from years ago. Then we watched a DVD full of episodes of Warehouse 13 before going to bed.

No comments: