Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Check-up

I got up before 8, which made my morning routine go faster. I was ready to eat breakfast by 10. I took a shower and read e-mail and tapped until 11:30. The tapping went really well and I cleared something from my teenage years. I got a few things ready, then left for the dentist's office. I got there early and worked on a Sudoku puzzle until they were ready for me. The assistant brought me to the exam room. She microwaved a neck pillow for me and dipped my hands in wax and put the mitts on to keep my hands warm. She checked my teeth for previous dental work, and took my blood pressure. Soon the dentist came in. She checked my gums, gum pockets, teeth, fillings, bite, TMjoint, everything. One of the fillings I got a month ago has cracked. She spent all the time necessary to explain it all, and showed me the intraoral pictures that she took. (I asked her to e-mail them to me so I would have a pic for this blog) She seemed impressed with my teeth and gums. After she left, two assistants measured my bite with something that looked like a half of a CD which I bit down on. It must have had electrodes all through it. They recorded me shifting my bite from side to side and front to back. In the end, I was given a very good report. One of the secretaries took me into a small room with a desk and showed me the treatment plan (removing amalgam fillings at my request, and replacing the broken filling) including the cost. I signed that and she gave me an appointment for May 23rd. Apparently they stay really busy. On the way home, I stopped at Michaels to find beads or stickers for making Creation necklaces. I did not find much. When I got home, I returned Andrea's call. She had called while I was in the dentist's office. After we talked for a bit, I ate some leftovers as a late lunch. I put some peppermint oil on a cotton ball and put it in the tornado room where it leads into the space between the floors. I called the rental agent to ask for an exterminator to visit. Then Cecelia called me to postpone our trip scheduled for tomorrow because she has a cold. I cleaned my combs with an old toothbrush. And fixed a big salad for supper. Chris came home while I was eating. He made himself supper. I listened to an audio. I caught up on my paper-folding. Then we watched several episodes of Eureka. I listened to another audio while I wrote this post.

No comments: