Monday, April 15, 2013

Piecing green

I woke up about 8. I read e-mail, exercised, tapped, and had breakfast. I packed seaweed and an apple for lunch. I put the pieces of my green project in the sewing box and wheeled my machine out to the car. I arrived at the church about 10:45. The group was small, but grew in a few hours. It was a beautiful sunny day so maybe they wanted to be outside. I had Doris' label, but she didn't come. I gave it to Jodi who is going to visit her. I worked on my green project, finishing the blocks and adding extra rows of green squares. Barbara and Bertha worked on Project Linus quilts. Mirna finished the center of her chevron quilt. Mary Ann and Martha worked on one block wonders. I don't remember what Dinah worked on, but we talked about embroidery software since she has the same brand of machine that I do. I left around 4. When I got home, I ate a hamburger and some kimchi. When I sat on the deck to eat, the bird flew out of its nest on the rainspout and scolded me. I'll bet there are eggs in there, or soon will be. Then it was time for a little yard work. I pulled weeds in the side yard and under the shrubs in the front. I mowed along the side yard and a bit in the back. I was pulling more weeds when Chris came home. He had finished supper when I came in to make a salad. I checked e-mail again, and listened to an audio. I scrubbed the green off of my feet. I looked in the mirror and realized that when the salon instructor said she was 'adding texture' to my bangs, she meant 'cut unevenly'. I can fix that tomorrow. Then Chris and I went down to watch episodes of Bones. In the last one, Booth gets shot. It felt like a season-ender, but there are more episodes on the DVD. Now we are getting ready for bed. I am so excited about going to Sirs tomorrow that I may be up extra early.
* This is Mirna's quilt, awaiting borders *

No comments: