Saturday, April 13, 2013

Massage and a haircut


It was cold when I woke up. Chris was still sleeping. When he woke up, we ... closed the windows. Breakfast and e-mail. I couldn't stand my hair any more so I made an afternoon appointment at the Salon Professional Academy. I went down to my sewing room to work on the QR code quilt. I selected a fabric for the backing and attached it to the frame. I picked a piece of batting, and pinned the top onto the batting and backing. I started hand-basting it. At 1:30 I headed for the salon. The student assigned to me was only 3 months along, but she had a very confident, professional manner. The shampooing was sooo relaxing the way she did it. The cut was just ok, but her supervisor came by to trim it up. I was very pleased and tipped her. (Did you ever notice that when a hair is severed from your head, it turns gray? I had never noticed it 'till today, looking at the floor). When I got to my car I noticed a massage storefront. I walked in and decided to get a foot massage. The lady was Chinese and had limited English. She put my feet in a hot bath. Then a man came to do the massage. It was so good, and I think he gave me more than 30 minutes. He did not have to twist my arm very hard to get me to go for 30 minutes of full body massage. Again, it was wonderful, and it went on longer than 30 minutes. At one point it occurred to me that I was lying practically naked on a table with a strange man in a closed room and no one knew I was there. But that was just my mind being hypervigilant. After he left, I got dressed and paid up front. Then I drove home so relaxed. I told Chris how much I enjoyed his money today. I made some lunch, rested a bit, then went out to mow some grass. I am mowing it shorter now. When the mower quit, I pulled some weeds. Chris started gaming with the voices. I had thought about running the sweeper, but decided it could wait. I spent the evening in the basement, finishing the basting and cutting more green squares. I ended up with too many, so I pulled those that were the least satisfactory. Chris came down when his game was over. My audio was about over, too, so it was time to blog and go to bed.

No comments: