Monday, April 29, 2013

Sunny Monday Quilting

I guess it was 8:30 when I got up. I was wrestling with a dream, and all of a sudden I was wide awake and jumping out of bed. Too bad I can't remember the dream. I ran through my morning routine quickly. I went down to iron the fabric that got partially dried last night. Except for the green quilt backing. I put that in a bag. Also, I tagged each part of the green quilt and bagged them too. Then I packed an apple, seaweed, a duck egg and water. I took it all to the car and drove to the church. The other ladies were sewing already. They had attended a brunch at Dinah's house. I didn't go because it was too early, and what could I eat? But her house got rave reviews. I did as much talking as sewing today. We all had Paducah experiences to share. I finished my green star top, and ironed the backing. I want to add another row, but not sure the backing will cover it. Bertha invited me to the Renegades on Sunday. It is a group that makes Project Linus quilts. It was after 4 when I left. I was helping Virginia make her own star quilt. She had a pretty fushia floral fabric. I told her if I'd seen it, I would have bought it too. When I got home, I had a bite to eat, then got out the lawn mower. I mowed part of the front yard. The UPS guy came by with two packages: one from Vitacost and one from Swansons. Chris came home from work and kissed me on his way back from the mailbox. When the mower's battery ran low, I plugged it back in. I trimmed in the ditch, in the flower bed, and planted some of the veggie seedlings: peas, broccoli, tomatoes. When I came in, Chris had a few words to say about me mowing in my bare feet. I said nothing, but went outside to tap. The neighbor started his riding mower and did his back yard, then came over and mowed a strip outside his fence. I went inside to talk to Chris, and then we came out to thank him for the fish his son brought over last week. He offered to bury more fish carcasses in our back garden. Woo-hoo! We came inside. I cleaned the green from my feet. I fixed a plate of fish for supper. Then we watched several episodes of Bones before going to bed.

No comments: