Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Creation Story necklaces


Both of our phone alarms rang at 8. I stayed in bed a bit before getting up. Then I fixed breakfast and read e-mail. I took a shower and put on my most colorful dress. Joseph would have been jealous of my dress of many colors. When I finally left, it was after nine. So, as I drove to church, I sang myself a song:
"I'm teaching SS in the morning. Ding dong the phone alarms will chime. Call up my e-mail, read it in detail But get me to the church on time." Can you tell I like musicals? And I did get to the church on time. I had a few minutes to find some stamp pads and glue sticks and beads before the opening routine. I had four kids today, ranging from 2 to 5, I think. For each day of creation they got a card with a hole punched in it. They got to stamp it, sticker it, paste a pic on it, or punch it. Between each card they strung two beads on a shoe lace. Then we tied the ends so they could wear them. I cleaned up the table and took the stuff back to the storage room. Shannon was having her class run remote control cars along the path of creation. Pretty cool. I sat in the sanctuary to wait for Chris. After the service, he went home. I complimented the organist (we have two fill-ins). I found out from Al that Cecelia is still sick. I got my SS bag and went home. I changed clothes and then we went grocery shopping. We bought a lot, playing catch-up from last week when Publix was closed. We put the groceries away, and had lunch. We read e-mail. The Sunday quilt group was meeting today, but it was just too sunny to be sitting in a storage building. I spent most of the afternoon mowing, raking and picking up pinecones. At one point, I got so hot that I changed into my bathing suit. At 5, thoroughly exhausted, I came in. After a bit of rest, I did several tapping videos. Then I brought up a set of green fabrics to audition with my existing blocks. I also picked some greens (clover, violets, oxalis, mint, chard and dandelion) to go with the ones we bought at the store. After having my large salad, and listening to an audio, I followed Chris down to watch several episodes of Bones. They were pretty good. He looked up several of the characters that seemed familiar. I finished a second audio and went to bed.

No comments: