Sunday, April 28, 2013

Leaving Paducah 2013

Rebecca was up around 4 because her back hurt. She took a bath, and did other stuff. I got up to pee and was not able to sleep again. At 7 Cathy got up, and we all packed and got ready for breakfast. Rebecca, Cathy, Judy, Julie and myself met at the lodge restaurant. We asked the waitress to take our photo. Julie and Judy bid us goodbye and left for West Virginia. Cathy headed to the exhibition center to take a few more pics before she headed home. Rebecca and I visited Eleanor Burns place at the Fairgrounds again, but this time to shop. Certain colors were on sale for 4.50 per yard. Then we went to Quilter's Alley which advertised 5000 bolts. It was a small house and I don't think there were 5000 there. But it was cute. Rebecca was looking for Civil War-type fabrics for a pattern that she bought. We stopped at the Rotary center Antique quilt show on way We went to BP to put gas in car. It was my turn and the machine refused my card because it thought I had the wrong zipcode. Then we left for home. Rebecca talked all the way. We stopped at Denny's for a cup of soup so she could rest. When she suggested I read a book while she took a nap, I offered to drive. She let me. (Gee, and she said she liked her car). She fell asleep, and all was finally quiet. Heck, I would have driven earlier! She woke up when I nearly ran an 18-wheeler off the road. We stopped at McDonalds for her to get an icecream that helped her feel awake. I drove on and she got out a quilt book and was pointing at things and asking me questions. Odd behavior from someone with such a nice car, and wanting to keep it that way. We changed drivers when I thought we would hit I-565. She drove to my house, going through a red light while fiddling with her GPS. I re-evaluated my decision to change drivers. At my house, Chris came out to help carry stuff in. I gave Rebecca more money and she left. I ate chili and listened to Chris play with the voices. I checked e-mail. Then I got to talk to Michele on Skype. Went directly to bed. Chris listened to me vent for awhile and then we fell asleep.
* Blogger's upload program isn't working tonight *

No comments: