Friday, April 12, 2013

Weeds and Seeds


I got up at 8:30. It was cold in the house from having the windows open all night. I knew Huntsville Sew and Vac was having a moving sale today and I remembered that they open at 10. I posted to the group Facebook page to see if anyone wanted to go along. Apparently no one did, but one person posted that if anyone went, they should let the others know how good the sale was. So I decided to go alone, and if there was no safe parking, I could just come home. So I went around 10, but discovered that they opened at 9. I saw several ladies that I knew. I called Deb so she could post to the group that the sale was 35% off. Then I looked around to see what spoke to me. It was the Asian prints. I got a coordinated set, and some plain black, which can come in very handy. Then I took my new treasures home. I had just enough time to eat lunch and call up a map to Alison's place. I had to call her to get the right road name. But then all was good, and I headed out, with several egg cartons and an empty honey jar. I had no trouble finding it. I have been there before but the traffic pattern changed. She had duck eggs and honey waiting for me. We toured the chickens and let out the ducks, and paid attention to the dogs. I always wonder if she feels she has to entertain me because I came to far. She asked what else I had planned for the afternoon and I told her I wanted to buy summer church shoes at a thrift shop. So she told me of er experience with warts and that they are contagious so she would never buy used shoes. It was almost enough to change my mind. On the way home I stopped at Thrift Mart. There was a clothing store beside it, but the shoes there would have my head in the stratosphere. So I thrifted. I easily found a pair of shoes I liked in a light tan. Then I wandered about because finding the shoes was too easy. I also found a nice water pitcher. I made my purchases and left. Once home, I put the eggs in the fridge. I read some e-mail, then went outside in the warm sun. I pulled weeds and mowed until the mower quit. There were more weeds to pull. At one point, yanking a handful produced a large swarm of fire ants. I guess it was their weed. I sprinkled them with Amdro. I planted one of the tomato sprouts and the cherry tomato plant from Home Depot. I watered them with filtered water. I soaked some vegetable seeds in a shot glass and held them up to the sun to program them. Then I planted them in a flowerbox to sprout. Finally I tossed in the towel for supper. I made a large salad, eating it in the waning rays of the sun. Then, I tuned off all the lights. I went into the bathroom in the basement and closed the door. It was completely dark. But I was not seeing black. My visual field had patterns of light and dark in it. So I stayed for quite a while, tapping and concentrating on the images, willing them to leave. My visual field did clear up a lot, but never went black, more like a dark brown. Still, I was hopeful that my vision had improved. I came upstairs and looked at the clock on the microwave. If my eyes have improved, night vision wasn't included. I had to stand in the kitchen to read the clock. I sat in the darkness for some time, before decided to post and go to bed. Chris is out gaming and I don't know when he'll be back.
* These are our ever-growing ant colonies *

No comments: