Thursday, April 25, 2013

First day of Paducah

Chris woke me up at 6 and I slowly got started skimming e-mail. I ate one of the breakfasts I prepared last night. I dressed and got a box to pack food in. I heard a car drive up and it was Rebecca, 15 minutes early. I let her in the front door. She took my suitcase out to the car and I quickly packed the food and bottles of water. I forgot the duck eggs and my knee pillow. Rebecca drove us to Paducah, stopping once at the Kentucky welcome center to use the restroom. We had a few detours due to the GPS, and we ran into traffic, but we got there before noon. We met Cathy at Hancocks. We all shopped. I bought batiks and a print of chocolates. Then we drove to the convention center. Cathy brought some dried squid which we shared. Then we toured the show until quarter of 4. We ran over to the museum where Ricky and Alex were going to take a pic of a multitude of quilters with their quilts. They were running late waiting for the horse and buggy to show up. a man stood on a tall ladder to take the picture. We all stood on the lawn with our quilts for the pic. We three did not have quilts so we stood next to people who did. After the picture taking, we went to a fabric sale across the street. It was crowded and we didn't buy any fabric. Then we went to the quilt museum. It was dimly lit to protect the quilts. Many of them were exquisite. No pictures allowed. Some were too abstract for me to appreciate. We browsed the gift shop, then left. We walked to a steak place that was highly recommended, but it was very pricey. Then we ran into Quilt Man and Bobbin. Rebecca's camera was used to photograph her and Cathy with the two quilting superheroes. I will post it when I get it. Bobbin gave us a restaurant recommendation. We used Cathy's car and GPS to go there. It was very reasonable, maybe too much. The food was ok, and decor left a lot to be desired, but the price made up for all of it. Then we went back to Hancocks to pick up Rebecca's car. We drove the two cars back to the resort. The moon was very large and Rebecca wanted me to take pics of it with her camera. I think I got more pics of street lights. We checked in at the office. They gave us keys and a map to the lodge. We lugged the cooler and baggage up to the room. We met Judy at her room and were introduced to her friend. We chatted for awhile and made plans to meet in the morning. We returned to the room. I called Deb and brought her QR code quilt to her room. She, Jen and Cass were getting ready for bed. We chatted too, and then I returned to the room to delete e-mail that I don't have time to read. I also posted to my blog. I will post a pic when I get a chance. Right now they are in bed waiting for me to turn off the light.

No comments: