Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Something fishy in my salad

It was after 8 when I got up, but it felt like much later. I ran through my usual routine pretty quickly. I listened to an audio while I folded laundry and quilted the basted top. When the audio was over, I plugged the laptop in and went outside. I pulled weeds and rearranged the rocks at the edge of the next property. I figure the guy can't see how much they need a little TLC. I raked up the debris and carried it to the back. Then I pulled weeds around the brick flower bed at the end of the garden. I replanted some tomato sprouts in individual small pots. I filled a bucket with water from the shower filter to water them and everything I planted yesterday. Then I finished quilting the top and brought it upstairs so I could watch a quilting video while I ripped out the basting stitches. Chris came home. He made himself a burrito and I picked greens from the yard for a salad. I added greens from the frig. I tossed it all together with olive oil and added some sesame oil. After eating the salad, I realized that I forgot the bean sprouts. So I ate them separately. I didn't like them, but I heard they were very nutritious. After taking a shower, I tossed the salad again. Literally. It was not pleasant and gave me a sore throat. Chris brought me two glasses of water. I felt much better except for the throat, so I went to choir practice. I had to go early to discuss the kneelers. I sang lightly during practice. The director let the men go early so the women could practice a special piece. Then she let the sopranos go and kept the altos for another piece. Somehow it just isn't fair. I was so glad to go home and rest my voice. We watched several episodes of Bones before going to bed.
* These koi are at Across the Pond. They have them in all sizes and shapes (weird ones). *

No comments: