Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fabric, fish and farming

I thought it was 7:30 when I got up, but I must have read the clock incorrectly, because 7:58 came only a few minutes later. I read e-mail, and took a shower. Somehow I did not have time for tapping or exercising in order to be ready by 9:30. Cecelia arrived on time. I grabbed an umbrella and joined her in her car. Roz was on the radio, telling a story. When it was over, we headed for Fayetteville, TN. We went straight north on Memorial Pkwy. And a block east. Even I could have driven there. We investigated their foam, but it wasn't what I was told on the phone. They gave me a card for an upholstery contractor. Cecelia had other things to look for, so I checked out the quilting department. It was disappointing. The fabric quality was suspect and there wasn't much of an assortment. I guess upholstery is more their thing. But I did take a chance on two pieces and a quilt backing, as well as two pieces of stretch denim and a drapery panel. Cecelia got some tulle and fabric. After paying, we headed back to Huntsville. On the way back, we stopped at Bennett's nursery and Across the Pond. I got some pepper and cucumber plants and she got flowers. We looked at large pots and fish at Across the Pond, but did not buy anything. Then we came to my house. She had a kneeler from the church and we wrapped its foam in polyester batting to see if we really need new foam. We kneeled on it and it was fine. She is going to put it back and see if others think it is ok. After she left, I ate some lunch and checked e-mail. I weeded and planted, while washing and drying the new fabric. It did ok, better than WalMart fabric, but that isn't saying much. I replanted some daffodils that came up where I wanted to plant. When the fabric finished drying, I started ironing. I quit when my audio ran out, and I came up to plug the laptop back in. I was researching how to deal with carpenter bees when Chris came home. Brian's Bee Butter seemed the best way to go, but apparently it is waiting on registration with the EPA. Then I weeded some more. I keep saying I can quit whenever I like, but the evidence does not bear that out. When I quit weeding one place, I find myself pulling weeds in another place. Finally I came in to eat supper, but I don't think I did. I went down to quilt and Chris followed me, so we watched more episodes of Bones. Tonight they were solving cases in England. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: