Sunday, April 14, 2013

Musical fish

I woke up before the alarm, afraid that I'd missed it. Then when it did go off at 7:30, I didn't get up right away. Still, I managed to shower, eat and dress by 8:30. In fact I may have left early because I got there before 8:45. Most of the other choir members weren't there yet. Because of a temple talk before the service, the ending was delayed. Three of us went in the back to use the old piano to rehearse our parts. We filed in to sing at 9. We sang "Lord of the Dance" with a guy who played the Irish flute. We got lots of positive comments afterwards. I got some items from the craft closet, and deposited them in the craft room. A new adult Sunday School class took the sanctuary, so we had to 'open' in the fellowship hall. It was noisy and crowded. Someone left a big bag of CD's on my table. One child showed up for crafts. He had trouble focusing so it did take almost 20 minutes to make one fish. Then he went on to drama. I cleaned up the craft room and the choir director came in to talk as we waited for the adult SS class to finish. Usually she spends the time setting up for the next service and then practicing with the choir, but couldn't do that with a class in there. Then I sat in the sanctuary to wait for Chris and the beginning of the service. Actually, the choir sang just before the second service began. Then the service began, continued and ended. No Chris. Cecelia came over to set Tuesday as our new day to go to Sirs. On the way out I talked to Cyndi. Then the pastor, the intern, the intern's wife, and finally the pastor's wife. Before I left, I took a green hymnal from the stack. They are replacing them with red ones. Always wanted my own hymnal. It was raining when I got home. Chris said he'd showered and fallen asleep after I left for church. I changed clothes and we went to Publix. After putting the food away, I checked up on e-mail. Chris boiled some eggs, made bacon, and cooked up the garlic greens from the other day. Later he made hamburgers with them. I scattered some wildflower seeds under the surprise lilies. I swept up dust in the dustiest corners. Then I found a quiet corner to tap for Linda and her mother, and for the pastor's wife. I prepared 8 days worth of supplements. Then I took Deb's QR code quilt downstairs to start quilting. I tried free-motion, but there were too many intersections for the hopping foot to catch on. So I went back to regular sewing. Later Chris came down to watch TV, which we did. And now we're done and I'm looking for the fish picture.

No comments: