Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cold and wet


A storm went through last night. The wind and rain were scary at times. But I eventually got to sleep. Chris packed up for a trip this morning. I think he kissed me three different times before he left. I was barely conscious. It was early and I did not get up until almost 8:30. I ran through my morning routine. I called Linda to offer moral support and found out that her mother passed away. It was very sad, but she seemed to be taking it ok. I folded laundry while listening to an audio. I wanted to take the seedlings out, but the weather was a bit chilly. And wet. But in the afternoon I mowed as long as the battery lasted. I finished the back yard, but barely. Then I pulled weeds and stuff from the garden area. I think something bit me yesterday when I was weeding. There is a red spot near my wrist, the size of a nickel, and it is hard underneath. No bite mark, though. I came in about 4 to run beets and the other stuff through the juicer. Very energizing. When one audio ended, I started another. I watched a video by Sharon Schamber. Boy, does she love stitching feather designs! But I noticed her hopping foot doesn't move. Mine goes up and down with the needle. Maybe I would have better luck with a different foot. I meditated for awhile after the world went dark. Then I retired to my sewing room to pick out some fabric to take along tomorrow for the Comfy Quilt Marathon. I looked through magazines, too, for some pattern ideas. I heard unexplained noises. Then all of a sudden, it was after midnight. I am going to bed.
* These are swiss chard and radishes in bloom *

No comments: