Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First day of liquid coconut oil

I tried to get up early, but only managed 8:30. My calves were feeling much better so I exercised in the usual way. I put the quilt labels in the mail. It was a bright sunny day, as evidenced by my coconut oil being liquid first thing in the morning. I finished mowing the lawn and even remowed parts that grew since Saturday. If the lawn takes 4 days to mow and needs mowing every 4 days, I'm in trouble. I pulled weeds. I dismantled my greenhouse to remake it into a quilt frame. I will need to to quilt Deb's QR code top by April 20th. What was I thinking when I volunteered to do that? The ants built new hills in new places so I sprinkled Amdro on them, and in places where I saw them crawling, but with no hills. I hung up my windspinner. There wasn't a good place for it, so I suspended it from a stick on the deck railing. It is colorful, but doesn't catch the sun down there. I called Alison to set a time for me to visit her and get more honey and duck eggs. They are in season again. I noticed piles of sawdust in the carport. Seems the carpenter bees are active again. I pulled up garlic from the lawn. There is a large stand of it below the garden and I want to extend the garden. I cut off about 6 inches and submerged them in pickle juice. In a few days they'll be good eatin'. I finished embroidering Doris' quilt label. I still have to finish off the edges, but at least the hard part is done. When Chris came home, he made himself supper. So I made myself a large salad and ate it outside, looking for ants. They stayed away. I took a shower and gave myself a haircut. My hair had begun to offend me, so I cut it off. I got dressed, read e-mail, and went to choir practice. We were told that we have to show up at 8:45 Sunday morning to sing for the 8am service. It ticked me off 'cause that throws off my schedule. My phone rings at 8. Too late if I have to leave at 8:30. We also have to sing for the 10:45 service. Another long day and I have no say in it. On the bright side, Doris bought 5 raffle tickets. With the two Rebecca bought last night, I have sold 7. Yea! That's 7 (out of 20) tickets I don't have to buy. When I got home, Chris was watching The Avengers. When that was over, we watched several episodes of Bones, season 3. Then Chris went to bed. I read e-mail just before posting and saw that the modern quilt group has made a Pinterest board. So I tried to join it and that was not a comforting process.
* This is the stand of garlic in the back yard. A small percentage of all the garlic growing on this property. *

No comments: