Friday, April 5, 2013

The end of Eureka

I was up by 7:30. I intended to follow the usual routine, which is to alternate tapping videos with exercises. But there was an exercise video in one of my e-mails, so I followed it, mostly. Then I did my tapping. Followed by breakfast. I went online to find a repair center for my heart rate monitor. I called to find out the particulars. They want me to mail it with a form that has my credit card number on it. I wasn't comfortable with that. Then again, giving it by phone isn't any more secure, nor is e-mail. Maybe I'll send them a check and if it needs more than a new battery they can let me know and I will send the rest.
It was a cloudy day until about 11. Then the sun came out so I put the tomatoes out on the deck. I pulled back the cover of the greenhouse to let in more light. I emptied the dishwasher. I went outside to experience the sun, and ended up clipping the rest of the monkey grass and pulling some weeds in the garden. Then I pulled up three garlic heads. These aren't the little wild ones, These will put hair on your chest. I cleaned them off and cut them up. I browned some onion in a pot and added the garlic. Then came the chungukang (korean fermented soybeans). I also added some leftover onions and broth from something Chris made earlier. It was so good that I ate two bowls of it. Chris came home early and showed me how much he missed me. He made his own supper. I listened to an audio and then went down to work on Doris' quilt label. But first I had to clean up the Sunday School stuff which was scattered around. I put what I needed to take to church in a baggie and the rest got put away. Then Chris was ready to watch Eureka. So we saw the last few episodes of the last season. It is kind of sad. I wonder what series will be next? When we got up from the couch, my glutes really hurt. Maybe the exercise was more strenuous than it seemed. I remembered that I had left the jar of honey wrapped in the heating pad to soften up. It was hot, maybe too hot to pour into the plastic squeeze jar. So I cooled it off a little with my hands, and held it against my glutes. Of course Chris made a comment about what he could do with the honey and I told him it redefines the term 'honey buns'. Before things could get sticky, I emptied the glass jar into the plastic one. Now if I can remember to call Alison and schedule a visit to buy another jar, then I'll be set for another three or four months.
* This is Lauri's quilt. Mirna, who quilted it, brought it on Monday. *

No comments: