Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A practically perfect day

I slept pretty well last night, AFTER I fell asleep. I heard Chris get ready for work and then sleep took me again. But it released me before 9. I had time to skim e-mail and exercise before making a list of all the places I wanted to go and all the things I wanted to have with me. I left about 10 for HSnV. I picked up my machine there and got some thread and a new foot pedal for my serger. They returned Grandma's knee pedal and said they did not have another one nor could they rig something. So from there I went to Barb's. The repair man there said he could absolutely help me. He had a new pedal with no cord. I told him he could use the cord from my old serger pedal. I went to Home Depot, and when I got back, he had finished wiring the new pedal. I paid for it and went home. I read e-mail while eating breakfast. I put on my bathing suit and worked on my tan. I ate lunch. I took a shower. I packed some seaweed and an orange for supper. I put a cooler, a book, and guild stuff in a bag. I went to the farmer's market. I was early so I sat and tapped. I could not believe how well the day had gone so far, and thought my luck could not hold out. At 10 'till, I walked over to the stands to scope out the tomatoes and peaches. One guy had close to a dozen varieties of tomatoes. I bought some yellow 'Taxi' tomatoes and a few heirloom (when the bell rang). Then I got a small container of goat cheese, and a large basket of clingstone peaches. All of that went into the cooler. I hopped in my car to drive to the church daycare to pick up Alec. They made me show my ID, then gave me the toddler seat to put in my car. He came with two backpacks. I drove him to his house which was pretty close. One of the packs had a key. It was so nice and cool inside. He showed me his hamster. I figured I would have to entertain him, but he entertained himself. I ran to the car for the book and the cooler. I offered him some of a peach, but he thought it was sour. It may not have been sweet, but the flavor was incredible. At 4:30 I took him to the potty, but after 15 minutes and nothing happening, I let him go back to playing. His mother came home about 5:30. We talked for a bit, and then I took my cooler and book and left. The guild meeting was not far away. I did not find it as easily as I had hoped, but might have found a new way to get there. Again, I was early, but others were earlier. I put on a pair of pants and a sleeved shirt because the AC is so cold in there. We had our regular meeting. I presented the block of the month, number 11. We discussed charity quilts and blocks. When the meeting was over, I drove the new way home, stopping at the Asian store for natto and kimbap. The kimbap was all gone. The man told me I should call early in the day to reserve some. I proceeded home. When I got there, Chris was ready to watch TV. We watched two episodes of Warehouse 13 from Netflix. And then it was time for bed.
*  This is Lisa's quilt from show-n-tell tonight  *

No comments: