Monday, July 15, 2013

Lauri's quilt


I got up before 9.  I had done two rounds of exercise and was heading to the bedroom when I felt a sharp pain on my foot.  Somehow it got cut.  I cleaned it off with hydrogen peroxide and put on a bandaid.  I wore the slip-ons with the high wedge heels to take the weight off of the ball of my foot.  I ate breakfast, and planned to write a check for the quilting.  Then I remembered that I needed to write another check as well, but only had one check left.  I had to find a new checkbook.  I also did some tapping, packed a lunch, and grabbed the second kneeler on my way out.  I arrived at the church after 11.  Rebecca had bought me some banana fabric at Quilter's Combo so I paid her for it.  Debbie showed me a picture of her Little Gracie quilt frame that she wanted to sell.  I sewed 7 binding strips together, pressed the strip, then sewed the binding onto the green quilt.  The ladies I wanted to see about advice about the kneelers were not here.  The others commented nicely on the kneeler I brought.  Well, I'm not likely to do worse on the remaining ones.  They also commented positively on the quilt Cathy quilted.  I forgot to eat lunch.  After the binding, I brought out another top to be taken apart.  There was a discussion about the George Zimmerman case, but since I didn't know a thing about it, I could not comment.  A little after 4 I had most of the blocks removed, and I packed up to come home.    I was home by 4:30.  I ate some kimchi and roast beef.  I finished writing the check to Cathy, then read e-mail until Chris came home.  I told him about cutting my foot.  He found a nail sticking up on the landing of the doorway.  I hit it with a hammer a few times.  I went outside to look for apples.  Nope, but I did pick and eat a cucumber.  I also trimmed long grass at the back edge of the driveway.  We both read e-mail for awhile before watching TV.  I also cut a top and bottom for the next kneeler and sewed cording around it.  I discovered that the cording foot will not go around corners.  Hopefully I can catch the corners with the zipper foot when I sew the sides on.  We saw several episodes of Chuck, then read e-mail and went to bed.

No comments: