Friday, July 26, 2013

Big Waves

We set the alarm for 7 to go walking on the beach but Chris told me later that I declined to get up. When I did get up, no one had yet gone to the beach because they thought the weather was cold. I fixed breakfast for today and tomorrow and Sunday. After I ate breakfast, I read e-mail. James, Becca and Cecily went to the beach. James came back first because the tide was so strong. I went out to where Becca and Cecily sat on the beach. I walked in the surf, which was a struggle to stay upright. Becca came in too for awhile, then she and Cecily went back to the house. I stayed in the surf until I got tumbled. Then I rested on my towel, and went back in. I was almost tumbled again when it occurred to me that my back could go out and no one would know. I was tired, too, so I went back to the house. I swam in the pool which was very quiet. Then I came in to change out of my wet suit. I was feeling lightheaded. I laid down and Chris brought me a glass of water. When I felt better, I read e-mail. I went upstairs for lunch and to work on a Sudoku puzzle. Later James, Alfred and the kids went to the golf place. While they were gone, I took a set of tapping papers to the pool to work on. One flew into the pool and I had to lay it out to dry. Later Cecily came out to sit by the pool with her Sudoku. I came inside to cool off and check out fermented cheese recipes so I can order the nuts. Cashews and sunflower seeds look like a good bet. Becca and Cecily made artichoke onion dip. It was delicious with celery. They also fried up some onions. Mmmm. I read e-mail for half an hour until supper was ready. After supper James and Becca went to the beach. We waited for them to come back so James could run the DVD to watch Westwing. Then Cecily went to bed and we watched Captain America. It ended just before midnight and we went to bed.

No comments: