Thursday, July 18, 2013

The hidden culprit

I got up about 7.  I never get up that early so I must have slept well.  In fact, I don't remember having any trouble falling asleep the night before.  It is day 4 of my going without tomatoes and peppers.  The skin on my face is looking clearer and my hands and ankles don't hurt.  Could better sleep be related? 
I did my exercises, read e-mail, and ate breakfast.  I came across recipes for fermented nut cheeses and am eager to try one.  I just have to order a large quantity of raw nuts.  I saw a Youtube video showing how metal screening can reduce the radiation from a cell phone tower or wifi.  I wondered if it would interfere with the signal, too.
For lunch, I ate a tomato.  Why?  Because part of me refuses to believe that my favorite food can cause pain.  I also ate a bunch of cherry tomatoes that have been ripening over the last 4 days.  No immediate reaction.  I laid out in the sun on a sheet.  I don't mind the ants crawling on me, but why do they have to bite?  These are not fire ants, and the bites fade in less than a day, usually within in hours.  It's just darned annoying.  I took a shower and dressed in my nice top and shorts.  I zigzagged the seams of the kneeler, but did not finish.  At 1:25 I went to tai chi at the nearby church.  As the leader went through the motions, I tried to write a story to explain each one.  He gives an explanation, but there are 10 different ones.  I need one cohesive story to keep it all in order.  One lady tested at the end of class and earned a patch.  I left to go home.  I worked on the kneeler some more.  I took a jar of fermented coconut milk and the quilt I was working on last night with me to the daycare.  I  picked up Alec and took him home.  He played by himself for awhile while I finished the binding on the quilt.  He plied me with stuffed toys so finally I gave in.  We set up tracks for his little Thomas trains, and then built Lego tunnels for them to go through.  I had started reading him a story when his mom came home.  She paid me for last week.  I gave her the coconut milk.  He tried to give me their cookie jar.  He was so cute.I went home to see that Chris had come home.  I ate a turkey burger and some cheese for supper.  And a salad.  I finished edging the kneeler and cut strips for the binding of the next one.  I also cut out the bottom layer, using the top as a template.  Chris and I watched several episodes of Chuck.  I noticed that my hands hurt while we sat.  We went straight to bed.  My ankles hurt, too.  I felt really annoyed and frustrated that the evidence points towards tomatoes as the problem.

No comments: