Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's back!

Saturday - Yesterday felt like Saturday so it seemed like we ought to be going to church today.  We slept in a little, then read e-mail and had breakfast.  I laid in the sun and mowed in the back yard.  The mailman delivered a box with my green quilt, all quilted.  I trimmed the edges on the pingpong table in the garage.  I cut binding strips for it and put it all in a box for Monday.  I finished the sides of the kneeler (2nd one).  I shoved in the foam to see how it fit.  Better.  Then I tried to serge it.  But even with a new foot pedal, it was not going well.  So I used my embroidery machine and a zigzag stitch.  I guess because it is computerized it would forget that it was zigzagging and start hopscotching.  Weird, huh?  I rebooted it several times, but it consistently went back to hopscotching after a foot of zigzagging.  So I put that one away and went to my trusty first machine - the Singer.  It stitched it nicely all the way around.  I put the foam back in and tweaked it to its best fit.   Chris played with the voices online.  I juiced up more of the cucumbers he brought home from work and two that I picked today.  I did not find any apples.  I mowed again after supper.  I futzed about trying to decide where to cut more cover for cording.  I was going to cut another pair of top and bottom for the next kneeler, but the leftover fabric wasn't long enough.  I made another zipper section.  And I covered more cording.  I thought it might look better, more uniform, if I used a cording foot instead of a zipper foot.  So I put my foot on Grandma's machine and tried out a section.  It looked pretty good, so I went back to the long part and continued from there.  I only stopped when I heard Michele's voice, talking to Chris.  Their game was over.  She and I talked over Skype for a little while before I had to quit to post to my blog.

No comments: