Friday, July 26, 2013

Where are the peanutbutter fish?

I got up to make breakfast thinking to go to the beach before eating it. But no one had gone to the beach, saying it was cold and windy. I stepped outside the sliding glass door and it seemed quite reasonable to me. So I ate breakfast, then put on my suit and went to the pool. I sat with my feet in the water and it was quiet until Olivia came out. She begged me to get in the pool but my tummy was full and I did not want to swim. But the begging did not stop. I put it off for the better part of an hour, then got in. That is when she decided that the hot tub was a better place. Eventually I gave in to that, too. At 95 degrees it wasn't very hot, so I turned it up when we left. The others were having lunch, so I peeled an egg and a half of an avocado. I added sprouts and a tomato. After lunch I tried blowing bubbles but it did not work well until I added more shampoo. Even then the bubbles blew towards the house because of the wind. The kids played in the stairwell. No one seemed to be bothered by this except me. They have a whole house to play in, but they lay in the landing between floors with their kindles. Chris washed a load of dark and a load of light. I put on my suit and went to the beach. The wind was stronger there and spit sand against my legs. I put down my towel and waded into the water. The temp was warmer than previously, but then I noticed the plethora of jellyfish – on the beach and in the water. I picked up my towel and it was full of sand already. I went to the pool instead. James was reading a book there, so I swam laps and then got in the hot tub. When I came up, Chris had taken clothes out of the dryer, so I folded mine and he folded his. I checked my e-mail again, but it was getting harder. Both Yahoo and Gmail are having trouble. Especially yahoo. I have deleted the same e-mails over and over, but they don't get moved to the trash. I have tried moving them to the trash, and deleting them while the message is open, but nothing works consistently.  I brought my sewing supplies to the table.  I whipstitched a strap onto Olivia's suit.  Then I cut out pieces for a new block.  Then I put it away so the table could be laid for supper. 
Supper consisted of 3 rotisserie chickens. As the only person who openly prefers dark meat, Cecily assigned me all 6 leg quarters. Unsurprisingly there are plenty left for lunch tomorrow. After supper it got dark and Chris invited me to go walking on the beach. I put on my jacket and long pants. The surf was quite agitated and had eaten away the shore line. There was a drop-off of 2 -3 feet which the waves beat against. The wind was strong and chilly. Becca came and took pics. Then we all went back to the house.  Olivia wanted to get in the hot tub, so we did.  I had one dry suit left but no completely dry towels.  When we came in, Cecily, Alfred and the kids went to bed.  The rest stayed up  to watch Thor. Chris was tipsy and made suggestions in my ear. He didn't seem to mind that there were other people in the room. The movie ended about midnight and we went to bed without blogging.

No comments: