Monday, July 8, 2013

New job?

Chris got up late because his alarm was turned off. I woke up while he was showering, but fell asleep again after he left. When I woke up again, I did not want to get up. It was not an unusual feeling. I did get up, but not in time to exercise before breakfast. I skimmed my e-mail and saw one from Shannon to the congregation. She was looking for someone to pick up her child from daycare 5 days a week. I responded because I felt badly for her. Then I packed up the wonky quilt blocks and their leftovers and went to quilting at the nearby church. We had a light crowd because several have gone on a quilting retreat. Dinah lent me her tool for sewing covered cording. She said she had a heavy machine that I could use if I can't get a foot pedal for Grandma's machine. I got some papers from the daycare at this church because they are open longer. Then I called Shannon and we talked about me picking up her son this week to see how it works out. After that I made wonky blocks from smaller 4-patches. I had brought yellows for the next round of color, but never got to them. Patching together leftover pieces of blues for the smaller blocks kept me quite busy. The shop called to say my machine was ready, but they did not have the foot pedal I needed. I was packed up at 4. I went home and cleaned up the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, and folded laundry. I wanted to have my day free for all the traveling I expect to be doing tomorrow. When Chris came home, I was mowing the lawn. When the mower was done, I put it away and picked a cucumber for supper. After supper I read e-mail and checked out Shannon's address online. She lives very close to her daycare and UAH, which is one place I am going tomorrow. I posted yesterday's blogpost. Then we watched more episodes of Chuck before retiring for the night.
* These are some of the blocks I made yesterday and today *

No comments: