Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sunny day

We got up about 9, and found out that Cecily, Becca and the kids were at the beach. So I fixed breakfast and let it sit while I put on my suit and went out to join them. The water was cold, but I managed to work my way in. Olivia came in with me. Then Becca got in the water. We jumped the waves for awhile, mostly numb from the cold. As seaweed washed in, I decided to get out. Also, did not want to get burnt. I came in to eat breakfast. Then I took a shower. Chris and Alfred went shopping. They were not able to get everything so Alfred went again later. I read e-mail until lunchtime. The others had lunchmeat and cheese sandwiches. I peeled an egg and mashed up an avocado in it. I added sprouts, cucumber, tomato, and carrots. After lunch, I read e-mail and worked Sudoku puzzles. Cecily and the kids went to the pool. I sat on the deck with my feet in the sand, listening to an audio. Olivia joined me when she got out of the pool. She was making a birthday list. I suggested all kinds of things she might want. But everything on her list had something to do with My Little Ponies, and their accessories. When my battery needed charging I went in. I worked on Sudoku puzzles then. Olivia hung around for awhile. Chris was in and out, until he was needed for the preparation for supper. He gave me the 2 minute warning. I put down my puzzle and came up. We had spiced beef, burrito shells, corn on the cob, pico de gallo, and cheese. After supper, we had homemade ice cream. I took a walk on the beach. I made sure to get back before dark.  The water was cold, but warmer than in the morning.  I sat on the seat built into the beach walk. Several times I got up to fireworks down the beach. I was hoping my feet would dry to the point where I could brush the sand off. But it just wasn't happening. So I got a broom and swept off the decking. We have a foot shower, but our feet get sandy again walking to the door. When I finished that, I came in and checked my e-mail again. Chris was on his computer, too. I listened to an audio and worked on the puzzle that I started earlier. Chris set his alarm so we could get up early and walk on the beach. Then we went to bed.


No comments: