Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Broccoli flowers

It was after 9 when I got up. I don't remember anything unusual happening during the morning except that I did my exercise routine in a different order. I practiced my trombone and watched a video about Darren Brown, the British hypnotist. After breakfast, I tried to order some vit C over the internet but the site said my card was rejected. After an hour (or more) of calling the company, then calling my cc company, then the internet company and then my cc company, I finally found out that no one knows what the problem is so I used Paypal instead. I went outside to lay in the sun, but the sun was unpredictable. I spent quite some time researching absorbent cloth to make my own moon pads. Wearing commercial ones didn't bother me when it was only a few days a month, but now I need something organic and chemical-free for everyday. After ordering some cotton/hemp cloths, I pushed myself away from the computer to get something in the sewing room. I found myself hooping Barbara's quilt in the garage. I did not hear any birds, so I think the danger of bird poo is over, but I covered the quilt with plastic anyway. I thought I might start quilting, but I mowed instead. I saved an apple from the lawn mower and ate it. Being a green apple, it was very tart. Not sure what happened after that, probably e-mail. I was eating chicken when Chris came home. I watered the garden and did a little yard work. I took a pic of the flowering broccoli. i picked some dandelion and made a salad. I decided I really need to do SOMETHING on the kneeler project, so I cut off a 13 inch strip of fabric and a piece of cording to experiment with covering it. I used my regular size 12 needle, upholstery thread, and a zipper foot. It seemed to work ok, but the tension was off. As I was trying to figure out whether the top thread was too loose or too tight, Chris brought my my phone. It was the organist calling to schedule something for Sunday. She picked My Country Tis of Thee for a postlude. We scheduled a practice session for Thursday at noon. Since I have the music already, I practiced it after she hung up. Then we watched several episodes of Chuck before going to bed.

No comments: