Monday, July 29, 2013

What do you do when you run out?

Chris got up at his usual time to get ready for work. I stayed in bed until after he left. Even then, when I got up, it was only 7. I read e-mail, exercised, and showered. I packed a lunch and prepared breakfast. The slow-down came when I looked around my sewing room for a project to bring to quilting. I decided to work on the batik quilt, with the yellow hexagon pieces as back-up. I arrived at the church at 10:30. We had a good crowd of women today. Even some I did not know. One lady had brought Fluttershy picture books of the last quilt retreat. It looked like they had a lot of fun. I'd like to go, but the the thought of how much fabric that amount of money would buy stops me. I ripped all the batik blocks apart. Then I put them back together in a new, better order. I built another orange quarter block as I went. But when I got to the last row, I realized that I had an extra orange half block and was missing a brown half block. It would be no great problem except I had run out of two of the brown batiks so cannot make any more of those blocks. Several ladies offered to check their stashes to see if they had any. Then I packed up for home. As soon as I brought in my sewing stuff, I mowed more grass in the back yard. Even though I raised the deck, the tall grass rapidly wears out the battery. Several times the mower overheated and I ate a snack from the garden while I waited for it to cool. I plugged the mower in to recharge, and got out a pair of clippers. I trimmed the azaleas and two bushes. The holly needs clipping, but I am not going to do that in my bare feet. While I was clipping, Chris came home. He had bought me a gallon jar of kimchi and a dried squid. I stopped to eat the squid and read e-mail. Then I tasted the kimchi. Not the taste I have come to expect, but I think it is still fresh. Once it ferments, the taste should improve. Chris made turkey burgers for supper. I had some fresh veggies with that. Then I mowed in the front yard. I hadn't finished the back yard, but there is a place by the road where I pile yard trimmings and the city picks them up. I wanted it mowed so I could move the bush clippings there. Then I finished the zipper for the kneeler I was working on before we went on vacation. I brought it upstairs ready to get sewed to the top and bottom. I placed an order with Old Navy for school uniforms which our church is collecting. Then I put two book CD's in the player in the living room and we listened to more of the book we had started in the car. At 10 we stopped so Chris could go to bed and I could blog.  Chris got an e-mail from Michele that she is graduating on Aug 30th and wonders if we are flying over to attend.

No comments: