Tuesday, July 16, 2013

No nice words for kneelers

I did my usual morning stuff: exercise, e-mail, and breakfast. I put two checks in the mail and I bathed and re-dressed the cut on my foot.  I made a loaf of bread for Chris.  I emptied the dishwasher and re-stacked it.   I saw that Maryann was on Skype so I called her.  We talked for over an hour.  I sunbathed to get my daily dose of D. I skipped the farmer's market because I don't want too much food on hand.  While reading e-mail I came across a Tim Conway skit and that led to a Carol Burnett show on Youtube.  Then I watched an episode of TQS showing new ways of using hexies, one of which will be a new idea to go into my yellow quilt.  I sewed cording onto the bottom of the kneeler.  I was cutting the side strips when Chris came home.  I sewed together the sides with zipper portion, and sewed the top to sides.  I took a break to mow the front lawn.  When I got back, I discovered that I had to rip out portions because I left the presser foot up and the tension was really bad.  The fabric is so thick that it is impossible to tell the presser foot up from the presser foot down.  Except for all the loops on the back.  I re-sewed those sections.  I had to re-sew some of the corners, but inadvertently left it up again, so had to re-sew again.  Next time I offer to make kneelers for church, will someone please shoot me?  It is the humane thing to do.  Earlier I had had visions of finishing the kneeler tonight, but  I decided it was time to watch TV with Chris and leave the finishing for tomorrow.  We watched episodes of Chuck and I hand-sewed binding on at the same time.  Nothing left now but to go to bed. 
* No pics today so here is one from show-n-tell last week.  *
 

No comments: