Friday, July 19, 2013

Furlough Friday

I got up at 9 to start my day, leaving Chris in bed.  I read e-mail, exercised, and worked on a kneeler.  I joined the ends of the cording going around the top and bottom pieces.  And I cut side pieces and strips for the zipper portion.  By then it was 11 so I headed upstairs for breakfast.  Instead of preparing one breakfast, I prepared three.  As I finished with each ingredient, I placed it in the food box.  It was almost noon 'till I finished.  I put two of them in the fridge and ate the third one.  I laid in the backyard for 20 minutes, my last chance to prepare for the beach.  Then I took a shower while Chris did laundry.  Chris got out my suitcase and I put in bathing suits and towels.  I went through my checklist, putting in what was ready.  I wanted to finish the kneeler, but gave up hope that it would happen today.  At three I went to pick up Alec.  I took him to his house.  I told him stories for awhile.  Then he wanted to watch Spirited Away.  I put the movie in the DVD player but could not get it to play on the TV.  We watched part of a western, then I shut it off.  His mom came home at 5:30.  She paid me and we talked for over an hour.  Then I came home to eat supper.  I picked two cucumbers from the garden.  I intended to eat them, but somehow forgot.  I folded the laundry and picked out outfits for the beach.  More things from the checklist went into the suitcase.  I wanted to take my shower filter, but Chris did not like that idea.  I drew and printed out some hexagon-part pieces so I could do some sewing at the beach.  Then we watched several episodes of Chuck.  Chris went to bed and I am ready to head that way myself.
 

No comments: