Sunday, July 21, 2013

A ton of tomatoes

We got up about 8:30.  Chris was in no hurry.  He showered and went to the hotel lobby for breakfast.  I cleaned up and ate my prepared breakfast.  He brought back a banana and an apple.  I ate both.  We read e-mail and packed.  We got on the road about 11.   We listened to another Janet Evanovich book on CD.   We had no trouble making progress until the bridge over the Alligator river.  Two sailboats were passing through so the bridge was raised.  We waited for what seemed like a long time.  We arrived at the beach house after 4.  James and Becca arrived soon after.  Alfred and Cecily picked up the key and met us a little later.  We all helped carry stuff in.  Cecily brought a ton of tomatoes.  I did not want to tell her that I might be allergic.  Then the kids put on their suits and I put on mine and the three of us went to the pool.  William left first.  Olivia and I stayed in until I remembered that my freezer pack needed to go into the freezer.  We changed into regular clothes and I froze the pack.  Chris, Cecily and Becca made supper.  We all sat down to eat.  We had chicken piccata, spaghetti, spinach and tomatoes.  I ate more than my fair share of tomatoes, but it didn't make a dent. After supper Becca and I and the kids went to the beach to walk in the surf.  It was cold and walking in the water was enough.  The sun set and we came in.  I was tired so I sat on my bed and read e-mail.  Chris was already there reading his.We read until 10 EST when he went to sleep and I tried to finish my blog post quickly so I could turn off the light.

No comments: