Saturday, November 2, 2013

All this color ought to be in a quilt

I don't remember how early I got up. I started reading e-mail, and recharged my i-pod. I set my water jug outside in the sun. I folded drycleaner plastic in the bedroom. I put away some stuff on the counter in the bathroom. I jumped on the rebounder. I cleaned up the dirty dishes from yesterday, then juiced sprouts, green beans, peppers and carrots. I took the juicer parts outside to spray clean. I cleaned a small shelf in the fridge. I listened to an audio during breakfast. I was trying to make my scarf longer by taking out some stitches, when I noticed people in the front yard. It was our neighbor cutting a dead tree on the edge of the property and his son and a friend. The cable line was hanging low like the the tree hit it. He offered to cut some dying limbs off of one of our trees. Then we dragged the wood into a pile by the street. He brought the pieces of his downed apple tree, too. And he raised the wire back up to where it should be. I ran a cord from the electrical box to run the leaf blower, but it didn't work. So I got more cord and ran it from the back patio to the side yard. It didn't work either until I gave it a good whack. I blew the leaves out of the pine straw and put them in boxes. I carried the boxes to the leaf pile with a hand cart. Then I raked up the pinestraw and put it into the same two boxes, but wheeled them to the pinestraw pile. It was nice to see that the leaf blower would move the leaves without hurting the grass, unlike the rake. The man next door thinks I should rake up the dead grass and plant grass seed. I wonder if someone uphill from us put herbicide on their lawn and it washed down to ours and is killing all the fall weeds that fill in for the summer grass. After dumping the pinestraw, I picked up the pile of yard debris at the far back and hauled it to the pile by the road. I put the boxes and hand cart away. My back had had enough yard work. I took pics of the beautiful leaves that had fallen in the back yard. I picked a plaintain leaf and chewed it into a poultice for my tooth. I read about the time change and wrote it on a sheet of paper which I taped to the wall across from my bed. That way I will see it first thing in the morning. I laid down for awhile. I ate some fish with fermented cod liver oil, and kimchi. After reading e-mail, and listening to another audio, I checked the mail and laid down. I got up at 9 to post to my blog and maybe get some sewing in before bed.

No comments: