Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stranger in the Night

After we went to bed Tuesday night, we were kept awake by some nocturnal critter in the attic. It sounded like it was trying to scratch its way into our room. Probably it wanted warmth because the temperature dropped so far that all the tomato and pepper plants died.
At some point I fell asleep because I woke up before 7, I read e-mail. I exercised, practiced my trombone, meditated, and filled out the paperwork that I got at the doctor's office. That took far longer than the 15 minutes they would have allotted for it. There were things I had to look up. And I had to make a list of all my vitamins and supplements. I juiced zucchini and broccoli again today. Then it was time for breakfast. After eating, I quickly showered. Dressed, I went to the bank to cash a check. It was near the doctor's office, but somehow I got lost on the way over. I found myself driving up a street with signs that said “Doctors and Ambulances only”. When I did find the right street and building, I had to run up the steps to make it on time. That was pointless because I was not seen on time. I watched their TV until the RN called me. She took my blood pressure, blood oxygen, respiration and said they all looked really good. Then I worked Sudoku puzzles until the doctor came. She asked me a lot of questions, many of which were answered in the sheets I turned it. My biggest fear was that she wouldn't write the prescription I wanted, but she did. In fact, she wrote 2. One was for more pain killers. She also gave me a lab order form. I am supposed to take it to the lab building when I haven't eaten for 8 hours and get the tests she checked off. Since I had eaten, I went home for lunch. I had a cold bowl of fish stew, and I cleaned the juicer. I called the rental management company to report the critter, the non-functional outside lights and the sprayer I wanted for the kitchen sink. It is getting too cold to spray the juicer parts outside. ThenI raked leaves for an hour. It was a little cold for bare feet, so I only took off one shoe. When the hour was up, it was time to sew. I removed the paper pieces from sri yantra and put them in a bag. Then I picked two patterns of possible star costumes to show to Jennifer at choir practice. Chris came home and he got the mail. My thimble from Australia came. I told him about my visit to the doctor. I asked him if he would come to the lab with me, and he said he would. I put a sweet potato and a piece of beef in a Korean bowl to heat in the oven. I read about structured water, and the ancient symbol called triskelion. I ate my supper and drank a glass of vitamin C. I bundled up for the trip to choir practice. We did not have a lot to sing. She decided to have the children sing this Sunday. After practice, I showed her the patterns. We discussed it and she wants tu-tus for the stars. When I got home, we watched the second part of Tin Man. But there are two more, so it is not the end of the story. Then we went to bed, hoping the critter found some other place to spend the night.
 *   This is Amber's quilt which she made from my block-of-the-month pattern  *

No comments: