Friday, November 1, 2013

Can't beat fresh fish

I got up just after 7 to e-mail Parker with a thought I had. I went back to bed, and listened to some meditation audios. Then I got up and saw the sunlight streaming into the guest room. I covered my embroidery machine which was sitting near the window. On the bed were the two torn sheets. I decided to pin them together and 'quilt' them so we'll have one sheet with no rips. Both have been ripped and patched before. Pinning was as far as I got. Then I read e-mail, and googled alternatives to root canals for tooth infections. Plaintain was recommended so I picked one from the front yard and washed it and put it in my mouth. Later I juiced a bag of cranberries and drank it. I also juiced celery, saving it for later. I called Dad, but he didn't answer. I listened to an audio. Chris called to say he was leaving for Augusta. I wished him well. I also wished I could go, but with the threat of my back spasming and no muscle relaxers, I decided long trips were out. I read more of the dental e-book. I put on my suit to sunbathe since it was such a nice day. And in November, too. With a second audio playing, I raked leaves in the back yard and clipped grass growing through the fence. The bug man appeared, and startled me. He sprayed and knocked down cobwebs, which was really nice. I ate some of the raw salmon. It was so good it just melted in my mouth. Then I baked the rest. I also cooked up the ground beef in a fry pan. I ate some of the beef and put it away. After I pulled the fish out of the oven and left it to cool, I went back outside. It was such a nice day. I sat in the sun and tapped goodbye to our house in Pinehurst. It occurred to me that that might help it get sold, which would get the tenant problem off of my mind. I had to move the chair several times to stay in the sun. When I came in, I was struck by a thought. I needed a photo of someone I hadn't seen in awhile, and there might be one in our wedding album. And there was. But how to get it out to be copied? I took a pic of it with my digital camera and cropped it. I think I can print it out at the drug store. I read an interesting tidbit in the dental book: when the back molars rest comfortably together, it sends a message to the trigeminal nerve to relax. But if they don't, or if the jaw has to close in an unnatural position to make the contact, the body cannot fully relax, heal and regenerate. That hits pretty close to home. I found my nightguard (which I haven't seen in years) and tried it on to see if it closed the space between my molars. But of course it didn't, because its whole purpose is to keep my teeth from grinding together as I sleep. The book also said that improper bite alignment is a factor in most neurological diseases. I took a shower, and went to bed, but got back up to write my blog post for today.
*  This is the fish market  *

No comments: